Wednesday 18 March 2015

Sorry it's very late and written by past Emily

(I’m so sorry about my lack of posting, it’s literally been so far from my mind this past month and I’ve just been hoping to pass my finals! I tend to jot things down on word before I ‘publish’ the blog post on here so I’m going to upload what I’ve got, sorry it’s a little past the time I meant for it to be. I think this one was about a month ago; time flies!)

At only 8 teaching weeks long phase 2 definitely seems too short, I’m genuinely getting a little worried about the amount of information I’m going to have to cram in before School Finals, which are on Wednesday! We’ve had our last full teaching day at school and it’s actually kind of sad, I’m really going to miss seeing our instructors every day; they’ve all been brilliant! It’s scary that we’re now the top of the timetable list and therefore the next course to sit exams, you never feel like it’s going to come around but 6 months really does go fast.



We have a couple of revision sessions on Monday, Tuesday off, Wednesday & Thursday school finals then debriefs on Friday. It’s sort of an Oxford tradition for people to dress up on their last day of ground school so we’ll be going with the Snow White and the Seven dwarfs theme (as there’s still only 8 of us) though it’ll look a little different from the classic. Pictures next time ;)

After that we’ve got a week off for study leave before EASAs, I’m debating whether I’ll get more work done if I go home or not. It’s a little annoying that our Visa interviews fall on the Monday which means a trip down to London (for 8am?!) when we could be studying. Needs to be done I suppose…. There was a lot of paperwork for the VISAs, part of it meant putting down everywhere you’ve lived in the past 5 years for more than one month. I realised I have had 8 different addresses; with uni and summer camps in America I’ve really not been too settled. We also had to register for the different types of aircraft we’ll be flying whilst over there which is kind of exciting. We have the PA28s and PA44s whilst we’re out in Phoenix. I still can’t believe I’m actually here in Oxford but it’s getting more and more real by the day now!


My EASAs start on Monday 2nd March and I’ll be doing two of the same subjects as my little brother who started at CTC in January but they do ground school in a slightly different order. Just in case I wasn’t feeling the pressure before let’s add a little sibling rivalry into the mix!

There was an open day last weekend so of course I volunteered. It was less busy than normal as it was only a short day but BA made an announcement about their new FPP program. I even got to see some familiar faces who I’d met at previous open days and a couple of people who actually read this blog, I was so thrilled J

My plan for the rest of the day is to hammer out questions on Aviation exam. I think the most difficult subject is Performance and the one I like least is Air Law (way too many numbers and figures to remember). I was wrong about my prediction with Flight Planning, it’s actually one of the more fun subjects. Wish me luck for exams, I definitely don’t feel prepared!

No comments:

Post a Comment