Monday 22 September 2014

Week 3

It's really scary how fast time is going here! As we're a small class I think we're making pretty fast progress as a couple of our test 1s have been brought forward, putting them in week 5 which is just over a week away. Very scary as that marks the half way point of phase one and halfway to school finals and EASAs! So far I feel it's going quite well,  I just need to practice more of the questions to get into the swing of exam mode.

Most of the guys in my class have already got the on-line question banks but I think I'm going to save that for after test 1s, more than anything I don't want my membership to expire before the end of my phase 2 EASAs and test 1 is a sort of progress exam set by Oxford and the marks aren't external. After that I believe we're given an Oxford Aviation question bank which will be great for lots of practice question for school finals and I'm planning on getting an ATPL question bank at that point aswell.

Currently my revision is to come home, make a few notes on the chapter's we've done that day and then do the questions from the textbook. The instructor's are all really great, it's so much more chilled out than when you were back in school but they're always around during the breaks in case you need any extra help. It's just really hard motivating yourself to come home and do more studying and a CBT having been sat in the classroom all day, especially since we've had another full timetable this week.

On Friday night I went to the pub with my new house mate and some of the guys in the new course who live on the same road (my course were being boring and decided to study in the evening!), it's fun to mix up with the others and the only people you really see during ground school are your own course. At least we're not the baby course any more. My weekend consisted of doing work, mostly making colourful revision notes, and a really exciting excursion to Tesco for a weekly food shop, fun, fun.

Oh well, it's only for 6 months and as it's going so fast that really won't be long at all. Motivation; that's the name of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment