Sunday 31 August 2014

Enrolment Day! - 29/08/2014

Didn't sleep one bit the night before, I was so nervous (also kind of excited). I arrived and checked in and straight away I met two of the guys on my course, glad I'd turned up in the right place. We were led to a lounge area to meet the other members of my course, mine is a pretty small one and there are only 8 of us in total, and I'm the only girl (well this is different!)

The whole day went really well I feel, all the staff and my fellow course mates were so friendly. We started off with the boring stuff; the mandatory health and safety brief. Before going to collect our books. I couldn't even lift the box! There are 14 ATPL textbooks and they are heavy, luckily someone was on hand to carry them up to the classroom for me. We had to have photos taken for our security passes and collected our uniforms, so much stuff to take home!



We met with our chief ground school instructor who sort of welcomed us onto the course and kind of worried us about the course; ground school does sound really tough. There were a load of forms in our pack to fill out including signing up for the brand new BSc in Air Transport Management degree programme, that's something fun to have under the belt and it's all included in the course. I also registered with a local GP and handed in my 9 page training agreement to Oxford; It's like a huge contract.

I say Enrolment day, it was more like a half day really and keen to get acquainted we decided to go to the pub for a few drinks. Most of the guys live in Langford halls and dropping off their stuff was easy, I'd been lucky enough to be offered a lift by one of the students living next door (I was so grateful) so after he'd dropped me off we went to the Black Horse pub in Kidlington. I was so happy everyone got along but with only 8 of us it doesn't make it that difficult. We even had plans to spend the weekend together exploring Oxford, which is a great way to unwind in our last free weekend before the dreaded ground school. Bring on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment